Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sincerity with God

I have recently noticed (re noticed) that I am unnecessarily concerned about others opinions of me while in worship at church. This isn't a new situation as I've been through this before. Initially it stemmed from attending a church where every behavior was scrutinized and later evaluated for sincerity with God. And, actually, this has happened at three (3) separate churches in two (2) states.  
Now, as I stand for praise and worship time, I worry~ am I raising my hands too high; not high enough; too early? Does my worship look sincere enough to those around me?
And I know it is this public worship that is my hang-up as my worship in my Jeep and living room is relaxed and amazing.
I know in my heart that it realy doesn't matter how any person perceives my elationship with God. That is a very personal relationship that no other person can judge. Only He and I know where we stand. And, I try to remind myself of this as I rise from my chair and as I lift my hands in praise for all He has done for me. I ask, "please, God, let my focus be you right now~ just you and I here!" And, for a time, it is just the two (2) of us there in the sanctuary. It is beautiful. As I stood last night a man walked into service and humbly got down on his knees, head bent before his God, and I knew I must just let go. I'm in a safe place now where I can just worship Him unjudged.
And so, as we each enter into praise and worship with our Lord, can't we each remember that our relationships with Him are private? That some raise their hands, some pray in tongues, some sway, some sing out, some jump and scream. But all worship Him in their own way. It is not for us to judge them and harsh words spoken directly to them or when we think they can't hear us can really hinder their walk.   
 
Let us be uplifting to our brothers and sisters in Christ,
not a stumbling block!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...