Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Extreme Coupon Moment?


Well, I ventured into couponing and just may have gotten the hang of it! I have combined advertised sales with coupons, mail-in rebates and in-store dollars.
I purchased $63.87 in Crest, Scope and Oral-B products. In- store sales saved me $12.00. I applied $6.00 in in-store earned dollars and $8.25 in manufacturers coupons, bringing my subtotal to $34.62. With IL 8.75% tax, my total was $38.37.
Already looking good!
Them I will mail in the $15.00 rebate, bringing my total to $23.37.

CVS offers extrabucks rewards. The rewards today should have been a total of $10.00 in in-store dollars. I realized, after I got home, that I am short $1.03 in Oral-B purchases, must return and buy one more toothbrush!
At this point, my total cost is $18.37. Tomorrow I will purchase the additional item so I will have earned an additional $5.00 in extrabucks!

Okay, so I wasn't as organized as I could have been. I went back to CVS the next day for the additional Oral-B item and, after I paid for it, I found out that in-store rebate ended the day before~ the day of my original shopping trip! Ugh!
All total I spent $31.74 for $67.66 in products for a savings of $35.92 or 46.91%.
Not as extreme a couponing moment as I intended, but not bad for a first try!


Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...