Friday, January 25, 2013

Focusing Where He Intends

Sometimes I just disappoint myself. I mean, yes, I know I am doing well with the cards I have been dealt, but I see where I fall short so much more clearly because it's about my own life. You know, it's so easy to block out what shortcomings we have in our own lives and focus on what we presume to be shortcomings in the lives of those around us. We get so wrapped up in what so-and-so did or should be doing that we fail to look into our own hearts and at our own words and actions.
There is a very wise woman who said, "keep your eyes on yourselves and not on your sisters!" What she was referring to was worrying about your own salvation/ your walk with Christ and not how those around you live. You are personally responsible to God for your own behavior and will be held accountable. What will He say about the way you have lived since your salvation? Will He say, "Well done!"?
We live in an anything goes kind of world right now where most people seem to find inappropriate behavior completely acceptable, so living a Christian life can really set us appart. Even if the bevaior/ lifestyles of others is distressing to us, we really can only do so much to impact it. We can, however, lead our lives in such a way that our walk with Christ causes them to wish they had what we have!
We need to wake up every morning and ask God to show us His will for our day
and
to help us be willing to be broken to His will.
We need to show the fruits of the spirit,
read
1 Corinthians 13
and then act on those verses.
For myself it is focusing on where He is sending me and what He wants from me each day and not worrying about how those around me conduct themselves. I
 must focus on the path He has me on each day.
Only then will I be able to fulfill His will for my life and walk into heaven with a clean conscience!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...