Thursday, March 21, 2013

John 6: 37, "I will never turn away anyone who comes to Me

As I read an article from Transformation Garden , the reality of the meaning of this verse hit me so hard.
Let me give you a bit of background as to why it hit me the way it did. You see I had been at a Bible study some time ago where the theory was presented that anyone who is truly saved will simply quit sinning once they realize what they are doing is sin and have repented! The study went on to state that we should question whether someone who commits the same sin repeatedly is truly saved!!
I must admit I left that Bible study reeling! I mean, seriously, who among us is perfect as to never repeat any known sin? As we each have our own weaknesses I truly felt/ feel that this lesson was somehow off-kilter, but couldn't put Bible verses behind it. Still, I left wondering if I was really saved... and, if I wasn't, was there any hope?
Then, as I read this article, including Jesus having to cast demons out of Mary Magdala seven (7) times, my hope was renewed. I am far from perfect. I try. I stumble. I fall sometimes (too often). He is Always there to pick me back up, dust me off and gently push me in the right direction!
It is so good to know/ stand solid on this verse:
John 6: 37, "I will never turn away anyone who comes to Me
" (John 6: 37, The Good News).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...