Sunday, March 31, 2013

Be Grateful Challenge~ March 2013

2nd~ Climbing Merit Badge with Troop 50 ( day away with the guys for Matt) 
5th~ that sweet evening phone call to make sure Matt and I are home and safe
6th~ boss at work; church; hugs from church family; chatting with a new friend; Isaiah using my phone to play games; helpful boy doing his own laundry and beginning to understand logical consequences a tiny bit; Avon orders bagged; snuggly jammies; missing him SO Much and knowing it's SO worth it
7th~ distributing Avon orders; chat with Mom and hope of a home sale; Caleigh Ann; what happens when you don't get out of bed when your mom calls you; new perspective on Everything; errands for work; Avon customers; listening to grandchildren playing in next room; "The Rules II";  comments on my blog ((hugs)); emails from a friend and the insight provided (ty); Aiden's pictures he colors; 'hello' from a friend; my pillow and Pooh Bear waiting 'patiently' at home for my return; pressure-free evening at home with Matt; watching 'Swamp People' with Matt      
8th~ early errand for work; thinking about coupons and rebates and how to find time/ space with new 'office' arrangement; realizing that wok downsizing is a push I needed; thoughts of Spring planting; full tank of gas; knowing He has it all under control; chat with Miss Stacey at SEALS (what an amazing school!!!); getting ready for a road trip for work and pending Matt/ Mom date with Matt tonight; getting back to dealing with agencies for work; "The Rules II"; really nice evening with Matt
9th~ sleeping in; breakfast in bed; good son; Matt hanging his own laundry to dry; fresh, hot coffee with peppermint sticks and honey; reunion with a good friend; chatting with Matt about Lego's; LOUD music down hall; Matt cleaning out the Jeep for me; his visit and our growing relationship
10th~ hugs; unconditional love from that right man; sleeping in a bit; quick breakfast at home; church family and worship service; knowing I am on a path He approves; picking up Matt's blue card for tomorow's Computer Merit Badge; getting the house cleaned and organized; having a plan and path from Him to follow and how easy that makes everything; dinner in the oven and wishing I was prepared to bake using my wood stove; snuggle and chat time with Matt
11th~ running late (how did I wake up late on the first day of a 'Rise Early Challenge?); driving Matt to school; knowing that I am doing my best (even when I stumble/ compromise); wanting to do better; Microsoft store in Oakbrook Mall and Computer Merit Badge class Matt took there (he got his merit badge!!!); sweet call to check in and see if we're okay and what we're doing; concern over us driving back to Joliet on slick roads; last minute dinner delivery, that sweet smile and him enjoying Matt's antics; Matt doing his laundry without fussing too much; prepping Avon brochures while 'watching' TV; "NUMB3RS" 
12th~ oversleeping (why didn't I get out of bed when the first alarm went off and I was wide awake?!); driving MAtt to school and the opportunity to see such beautiful clouds and chat with Matt; Matt's flirting while we waited for the teachers to come out and retrieve the kids from the cars and buses; more work than I can get done at work and at home (job security?); PBJ for lunch; the real blessings of solitary confinement; finding that one verse to answer my sister's question; snow/ blizzard-like conditions for 5 minutes; Avon meeting and the help brought
13th~ today is 3.13.13~ how kool! Church tonight at First Assembly Joliet
14th~ the relief of a new plan an how I can see me again; re-organizing part of my 'office'; being firm about how I expect to be treated; knowing being single is better than not being treated right; that special Avon delivery that left me in tears and the new friend I made; a bit of warp speed cleaning/ sorting/ re-organizing at home; that sweet 'little' boy who sometimes needs to snuggle his momma; peace and quiet of a night at home
15th~ waking before my alarm went off and the hour I had to lay quietly, pray and think; Matt's cooperation; that little wave as he walked to the bus; fresh, hot coffee; snuggling Caleigh; hugs from Aiden; quick errand; the blessing of others seeing what I see and saying something about it on their own; the way he looked at me that made my decision/ questions seem all the more valid; changing course/ reverting back to the original course He had me on that was working; calls and texts from friends;
16th~ a vacation day; new member class at church; a chat with a friend; just following where He's leading me
17th~ sleeping in; a chat with a friend before church; seeing another friend I haven't seen in days; Randy Ruiz speaking at church; Holy Spirit moving through service in a way I So Needed; call from a friend with offer of firewood (Thank You!); driving slowly through Oakwood Cemetery picking up scattered branches while some weirdo followed  us in an SUV (it was So Odd/ Creepy!!); hanging with Matt at home; laundry blowing gently in the breeze; home; a chat with a friend; watching "The Bible" and "Gypsy Sisters" with Matt; sleep~ cozy
18th~ awake at 5:58am but falling back asleep until 7:07am; scrambled egg and cinnamon toast breakfast sandwiches; Matt catching his bus; freezing drizzle; sneakers; fresh, hot coffee; the boss who isn't mad that I dumped my coffee on the adding machine and have to go buy a new one to do books (thank you); quick road trip to buy new adding machine; opportunity to ask about Office Max rewards program so I have a greater understanding; more coffee; the Word;  
19th~ a blessed day; the friend who gave me free firewood; all I was able to accomplish at home 
20th~ being awake almost all night and the blessing of whatever it is He's doing in me; 3 giggling/ wiggling boys sitting next to me at church; fresh, hot coffee the way Dave makes it for One Night at First Assembly of Joliet (have to learn his secret!); watching the high school/ college kids perform (what talent!!); home; a son still young enough to want to snuggle his mama
21st~ waking at 4;45am (what's up with that?) and praying/ dozing until 7:05am; cooperative boy/ teen; newspaper on my porch; on time to work; fresh, hot coffee; peace and quiet; snuggles and hugs from my grandkids
23rd~ shopping for work after my errand was run;  break allowed to sit and breathe when Matt spent time at a friend's home; getting all the paperwork done (I think) so I can finally file my stupid taxes; the time I had to sit at McDonalds with a sweet tea and do a bit of Bible study and realize (through Him) where I need to head from here  
24th~ getting ready for church quickly and cooperatively; taking Jeremiah to church with us; Matt and Jeremiah cooperating at church; chatting with Charlene and how grateful I am for a new friend who totally gets me; serving donuts between services; homemade Aroz de Leche with pecans and figs for lunch; finally filing my taxes (thanks to all who talked me through it!); laundry and all the chores that make me the Mommy here; clean sheets; "NCIS" 
25th~ sleeping in; waking rested for a change; a bit of snow; Matt's help; remembering "New Kid by Friday" lessons and applying to both kids; Boys and Girls Club; fresh, hot coffee; Caliegh Ann's smile; tomato soup with garlic sauce;   
26th~  Troop 50 in Lockport; Boys and Girls Club; home
27th~ short day at work; Indian Lore Merit Badge class at Joliet Historical Museum; down time for me to chat and read; hearing another's perspective on Scouting; church and a new friend, Chris, sharing his knowledge of tablets and laptops; a good son; Amazing praise and worship at First Assembly of Joliet; peaceful home 
28th~ walking to work with my favorite son; Camp Cards are in! Great people at Rainbow Council who make good things happen for boys; true friends
29th~ having a home, job, food to eat, wonderful son, snuggly grandchildren and spectacular friends; God providing to us that we may help others 
30th~ waking up at 5:49 am; arriving at work early; fresh, hot coffee; oatmeal~ Matt w/ bananas and me with cherries; Jessie stopping by my office to chat a bit; watching Matt and Jessie watch "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"; Matt volunteering to help with the Easter egg hunt at church; ham sandwich for lunch; coffee with a peppermint stick; sweet grandkids; my cozy 'office'; organizing to go forward;   
31st~ a truly good son; egg sandwiches for breakfast; giving Jeremiah a ride to church; wonderful Easter service; church family; trusting and obeying God and what that brings;



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...