Monday, March 18, 2013

Waiting on 'Perfection'?

I am playing  the waiting game... waiting on the Lord for so many things. And trusting in Him for guidance.
But, as I wait, I wonder about some of the well meant advice I get from others. I mean, seriously, how would a perfect God give an imperfect woman like me a perfect husband? And would I want to try to measure up and deserve perfection? Heavens no! What perfect man would willingly put up with me?! I like to stay up late, sleep in, rise early, hang out laundry all year (even in the snow), sleep out back in the tent almost all summer/ spring/ fall; I don't always keep up on washing dishes and I always have at least a dozen projects going on/ planned at one time! Although I strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman, I fall short daily~ but I fall short gracefully, with hugs and an open ear for those in need.
No, although there is a standard I need to keep in mind, I do not think a perfect man would survive at our house!
Maybe, just maybe, He has a man for me who will jump in and take care of us enough so that I am freed from the burdens of being both Mom and Dad and can catch up all the Mom stuff. And maybe this man will find my imperfections cute/ endearing as I will his?
And, as I wait, I seek His divine guidance and trust that the direction He is leading me will be filled with wonder as opportunities to serve Him become greater. And the man He directs me to will want to serve Him together, as a team.
We will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...