Thursday, October 15, 2015

Prayer Veil

1 Corinthians 11:5 "But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved." 6 "For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn, but if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered." NKJV
This is my prayer veil. I was sitting on my front patio praying before my Bible study one Sunday morning and thought i should snap a picture for this post.
My Pastor's wife made my prayer veil for me a few years ago. It's white and quite delicate looking. I've toyed with a few ideas for making a new one . . I have so many ideas but very little free time.
I must admit I am still struggling with my day-to-day head covering. I really need to search my heart on this matter. I know that I need at least a minimal covering when I'm awake and yet it rarely occurs to me to put on even a simple bandana. I will have to start laying a covering out with my clothes so I get back in the habit, so to speak. This is my daily prayer covering as I spend most of every day in prayer.
And my pretty prayer veil? That is the covering I use primarily in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...