Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Genesis 19:8 . . . wow :(

1611 KJV. Genesis 19
"[8]Behold now, I haue two daughters, which haue not knowen man; let mee, I pray you, bring them out vnto you, and doe ye to them, as is good in your eyes: onely vnto these men do nothing: for therefore came they vnder the shadow of my roofe."

I had to reread this verse several times including rereading from 19:1. I can't even imagine saying, "here, take my virgin daughters and do with them what you will as long as you don't touch my guests!!
Lot is, well, more than an interesting character . .
His invitation to allow a group of depraved men to have their way with his own daughters . . .
In my mind he is scum . . .
Plain and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...