Thursday, September 27, 2012

Making Your Home a Haven~ Fall Challenge

I was visiting at http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/ and saw this neat challenge, to "Make Your Home a Haven", that she is continuing from where Courtney at http://www.womenlivingwell.org/ left off. 
I had, actually, been considering doing the first item, so this should be right up my alley! 
Long ago, during my second marriage, my spouse wouldn't always come home. He would sometimes be gone many nights in a row at another woman's home. 
As an attempt to show him he was always welcome at our home, I would place a lit candle in our bedroom window for him to see as he approached. 
Recently, although I am single now, I was thinking that a lit candle on the desk in the living room might be a nice touch. Not really as a signal to someone in particular as much as a welcoming sign to whomever He sends my way. 
So, 
tonight I will clear off the desk, 
then pull out a nice candle, 
place it gently
and light it.
A small guiding light
to find the way home. 
A sign of a 
Safe Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...