Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So Many Homeless


Tonight, on my way home from Bible study, I stopped this man to give him fliers for free meals we have at church. It's something I like to do.
I will admit that I sort of feel like I know this man. At first I would see him walk down from the Upper Bluff Cathedral Area towards downtown Joliet. He walked proudly and with purpose. At the time, he appeared to have a job. Over time his walk changed~ slower, shoulder slumped.
The other day I saw him downtown with his normal bag he's always carried, but this time he also had a bag on a stick, like a hobo. My heart cried to see someone who I knew was a well-educated man reduced to this.
Tonight I saw him as I was headed home, so I turned around and went back. I handed him the fliers and the Book of John and asked to join us.
It would be such a blessing to look up and see him on a Sunday morning or Wednesday night when we all sit down to eat!
Who have you invited to your church?

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

1 comment:

  1. I mentioned this man to someone today and the response was, "that's life".
    Has our society really been reduced to this?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...