Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 138/ 366


As I flipped through Bible study resources last night, I fell upon a phrase stating (in my wording), 'give me 2 weeks to show you what I can do!'
That got me thinking, "What if I really give my all over the next 2 weeks? Pray more? Get in the Word deeper? Fast for 2 weeks?
Last night Pastor talked to us about having real faith and acting on our faith, Hebrews 11:1. And I began to wonder if I am really acting on my faith? Do my actions show I believe what He has promised me?
In looking sincerely at myself, I can see that I am not living out my faith very well. And, in many ways, I am deliberately blocking my own progress. After a long chat with a dear, honest friend I can see that I need to get it together and re prioritize my life. If I want what He has for me, and I definitely do, I must make some serious changes immediately!
So, for the next 2 weeks, my concentration will be on parenting and housekeeping.
Re-organizing and deep cleaning my house. Sorting out all that is unnecessary. Why do I have this? Have I ever used it? Will I use it?
Parenting Matt better also. I am the parent and not his friend. Get his little attitudes and mouth under control. Get him back to handling his own laundry and helping with chores. And spending time together in the Word every day. And a board game once in a while as a reward.
The next 2 weeks should prove interesting~ And Fun!
I'll keep you updated... .... .... 

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...