Sunday, September 4, 2016

Genesis 27:1:14

1611 KJV. Genesis 27:1-14
"[1]And it came to passe that when Isaac was old, and his eyes were dimme, so that he could not see, hee called Esau his eldest son, and said vnto him, My sonne. And hee said vnto him, Behold, here am I.
[2]And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death.
[3]Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiuer, and thy bow, and goe out to the field, and take mee some venison.
[4]And make me sauoury meat, such as I loue, and bring it to mee, that I may eate, that my soule may blesse thee before I die.
[5]And Rebekah heard when Isaac spake to Esau his sonne: and Esau went to the fielde to hunt for venison, and to bring it.
[6]¶ And Rebekah spake vnto Iacob her sonne, saying, Behold, I heard thy father speake vnto Esau thy brother, saying,
[7]Bring me venison, and make mee sauoury meat, that I may eate, and blesse thee before the LORD, before my death.
[8]Now therefore, my sonne, obey my voyce, according to that which I command thee.
[9]Goe now to the flocke, and fetch me from thence two good kids of the goates, and I will make them sauoury meat for thy father, such as he loueth.
[10]And thou shalt bring it to thy father, that he may eate, and that he may blesse thee, before his death.
[11]And Iacob said to Rebekah his mother, Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man.
[12]My father peraduenture will feele me, and I shall seeme to him as a deceiuer, and I shall bring a curse vpon me, and not a blessing.
[13]And his mother said vnto him, Upon me be thy curse, my sonne: onely obey my voice, and go fetch me them.
[14]And hee went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother, and his mother made sauoury meat, such as his father loued."

       No matter how we try to deceive the truth always comes out. It may take days or years, but it will happen.
       And, as most seem to forget, there is the Law of Reciprocity. . . All of our behavior, good or evil, will come back to us eventually and in measure comparable to our initial actions.
       Sometimes I allow myself to worry, "Wow, look what ____ did! How are they getting away with that too?!!" But then I move on with my life realizing this is God's problem to deal with and He will in His own time.
       And He will. .
   In His time . .
     As He sees fit . .
   He pauses to carefully deal with each situation. .. 
   And gives out our tenfold blessings or curses depending on our behavior.

       And so . .
          Knowing that today's behavior and attitude could come back on you in a week, year, ten years  ..  .
       Completely out of the blue . . . .

What seeds are you sewing today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...