Monday, March 10, 2014

Bleaching Out My Coffee Maker


Today I'm bleaching out my coffee maker, something I do periodically. Although I've never been advised to do this, nor do I know anyone else who practices this, I do it at intervals in order to keep any waterborn bacteria at bay. Running hot water with bleach and dish soap through all the parts of my coffee maker kills any bacteria caused by standing water.
Once I run this recipe through, I follow up with several pots of clear water until all bleach and dish soap has been rinsed away.
And the scalding hot water produced? I pour that down alternate drains, thereby clearing those as well.
Bacteria be Gone!!

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...