Saturday, January 18, 2014

2nd Great Depression~ Learn from History


In 2002 I began to see where our economy was headed. Not being one to sit down and die, I went to the local public library and looked up information on how people survived the Great Depression.
The main thing I found, that has stuck with me to this day, was a list of four (4) groups (not listed in order of prosperity) of people who were better off than most during that time.
The first was the landlords. As times became more and more desperate, and people sought housing in town near jobs, landlords had a pretty steady cash flow (despite the money required to extricate deadbeats).
The second was farmers. Although they did without so much, their families' bellies were always full.
The third were those in the medical field as their services were always in need.
The fourth was law enforcement as they kept the peace on public streets among other duties.
And so, as I've planned my family's situation, I maintain my employment with a landlord and farm my humble homestead.
What about you?


Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...