Sunday, October 28, 2012

Joy Dare~ October 2012

1st~ 3 gifts orange~ post-it note; salad dressing; Matt's Youth Group shirt
2nd~ 3 gifts falling~ parking lot stumble (learning to slow down); doctor's apprehension; night  
3rd~ a gift caught, let go , mid-way~ reality of the man's statement; control to Him; head covering journey
4th~ 3 gifts reaped~ security in His love; a plan to follow; call from friend  
5th~ 3 gifts returned~ love and respect; His closeness to my heart/ listening more closely for His voice; peace in my heart as I earnestly seek His will  
6th~ 3 gifts redeemed~ the contentment of knowing I am following His will; my sins; real, true friendships 
7th~ a gift baked, stirred, eaten~ cookies for children in nursery; banana-vanilla yogurt; peanut butter and homemade peach-fig jam on crackers 
8th~ 3 gifts prayed for~ boss' understanding of issues; visit without expectations; His will  
9th~ 3 gifts praised for~ better organization at work; rest at home; revealing conversation 
10th~ 3 hard eucharisteo~ other people's attitudes; current situation; gift coming that I can't open for a while   
11th~ 3 gifts of change~ pulling closer and distancing with the pain and joy of both; less and more at work; relief that prayer and fasting can bring PUSH! 
12th~ a gift small, smaller, smallest~ fasting and prayer; all balancing out over time; peaceful day
13th~ 3 gifts read~ Matt reading me Proverbs 13 and 14; verses read as my day progressed   
14th~ 3 gifts said~ "I love you, Mommy!"; support of rules; "yes"' when I told a small boy he is a good boy 
15th~ 3 gifts re-read~ Judges 13: 1- 25, literally read 3 times 
16th~ 3 gifts burning~ longing to do more for Him; the old me; candles in my office and home as part of 'Making Your Home a Haven Challenge'
17th~ 3 gifts ugly-beautiful~ realizing I forgot to buy adding machine paper; forcing the books to balance; reactions to my Christian head covering journey 
18th~ a gift shared, saved, surrendered~ goals; salvation; my plans
19th~ 3 gifts unexpected~ tween cooperation; munchies; offer of help at homestead  
20th~ 3 gifts unconventional~ head covering trial run; seating during church service; Sunday school lesson 
21st~ 3 gifts undervalued~ time at home with family; organizing; home cooked meals
22nd~ a gift silent, still, strong~ prayer each time I hear his voice; waiting on Him; what He makes me
23rd~ 3 gifts begun~ changes in my walk; new bath mat; revamped friendship
24th~ 3 gifts accomplished~ standing my ground; Bible study at church; sitting with someone new
25th~ 3 gifts enjoying~ time at home to catch up; almost everything back into the attic; snuggle time with Matt  
26th~ 3 gifts extravagant~ His grace; mist hanging over my yard this morning; His plan for me
27th~ a gift humbling, honoring, happy~ the waiting on Him; willingness to wait on His timing even when it's easier to do it my way; Matt on Young Eagles Flight 
28th~ 3 gifts in Christ~ honest Sunday school lesson; Rosie Mabry's coming wedding; solid church service teaching and revelations brought 
29th~ 3 gifts on time~ 
30th~ 3 gifts overjoyed!
31st~ 3 gifts hallowed~  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...