Friday, October 26, 2012

31 Days of Obedience to Him

Well, as you probably realize, I have not posted every day. But that is not to say He has not shown me what He needs in obedience to His will for my life. 
During this time of not sharing my journey He has dealt with me. I say 'dealt' as that is the only term that describes handling a stubborn willful child. 
He has spoken softly in my ear, 
then, when that failed, 
He has roared in my face
like a mighty wind.
He has shown me where I am strong, willful, content, spoiled, and still needing to be broken and reshaped. 
He has asked me gently to listen
and sat me in my room alone to think when I refused to listen.
He showed me who and what I need. 
He removed who and what was bad for me. 
He held me close as I cried 
and was my friend when I felt friendless.
He showed me that, in order to grow further, 
I was going to have to let go completely
and
simply trust Him. 
And so, 
I jumped! 
And
I fell into His arms.
Broken and re-sculpted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...