Friday, October 19, 2012

He Hauled in Firewood!


Well, there are times we just have to be grateful for help~ regardless. I think this is one of those times.
He stood outside as the sun set, refusing to haul the wood even though I told him he would not be sleeping inside with me unless he complied. As it grew very dark and a chill set in on the damp night air, I sternly reminded him of my earlier admonition that,"I will be locking the door with you outside when I go to bed, if you are not done! Would you like your tent?"
He looked at me with that deer in the headlights look and began to haul in firewood and stack it properly.
Once finished, I took him to the bathroom to scrub the floor under the sink where he'd dropped a piece of fruit he'd been eating days ago (by the look of it).
Now he'll take his bath and straight to bed in his room.
Ah, making kids mind can be a huge blessing.
After all, I'm here to be his Mother,
not his friend!

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...