Saturday, April 16, 2011

Why is There Reality?

I sit at work wondering what's next. Matt has completely shut down while waiting for transition to the new school. 
We haven't even gotten a list of schools that will accept him for us to check out, so this may  be a while. The target date for transfer is May 2, 2011, but I can see this really was just a date to put on paper so the process could be started. 
Apparently I must wait for the three best schools for Matt's needs to agree to accept him. Then I will be issued a list and must set up appointments for he and I to tour each and see which one we think is the best fit for him. This fact in and of itself amazes me as the school he is leaving really seemed, IMHO, to think of me as the enemy. Not only the enemy, but an incredibly Slow enemy at that. Possibly something akin to a dolt! 
I am so impressed with being an integral part of my son's education and future. I am afraid I was very spoiled when he was in the IE program at Forest Park IE School. Transition to a school that is more an indoctrination point/ day care for kids whose parents don't care was traumatic. I am glad to be going back to a world where parents are valued and every child is not just entitled to an education, but to be nurtured and challenged at the same time.
My child is so special to me and I can not stand to see him so stressed he is not functioning. Hopefully we will receive the list of schools this next week. Then we will take a day off from work and school and declare it "Matthew Day". We'll go to the three schools suggested and see what we think. 
I believe the schools originally mentioned are in Romeoville, Naperville and Bolingbrook, IL. I will post the list we are sent and our reviews on each.
Please, pray for us over the next few weeks as we  decide on a school and begin the inevitably difficult transition to the new school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...