Monday, April 18, 2011

A Bed of Peas

Hi!
Welcome back!
I am ashamed to say that this really is the full extent of what I have planted so far this season. With so much going on, I am badly neglecting my garden again this year.
I must say, though, that this little patch of spring peas brings me much joy.
It was put together quite simply and quickly using the lasagna gardening method. For me lasagna gardening is a must as I have been blessed with good solid clay, gravel and old bottles for ground to farm. My understanding is that Ridgewood was once the town dump. This would account for the number of antique glass bottles unearthed when the city put water in!

2 comments:

  1. We have four rhubarb plants and some chives that came back from last year. Will they come back every year or are they bi-annual plants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My rhubarb comes back every year, although the weird weather this year has caused it to bolt! The leaves are still big and pretty, though, so I'm sure I'll be making plenty of jam!!!
    I don't have any chives I'm afraid, so I can't offer an opinion one way or the other on those. I would assume they come back every year as they are in the onion family and my onions not only come back but spread like wildfire!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...