Friday, April 22, 2011

Parkway Upgrades

Good Morning!
How are you? It was such a lovely day, I decided to touch up my parkway a bit with fresh mulch.
Mulch really seems to add a fresh, well-kept feel to any gardening project.
The goal with my parkway, and along my drive, is to look as yuppified as possible so as to not attract unwelcome attention.
Honestly, I initially planted an edible parkway in hopes that everyone would do it and we could solve the hunger problem, but O had too many creepy people driving by casing my parkway. They were unwilling to atop and chat so I could point out what was edible and cut then some fresh Swiss Chard. I had to switch to mostly ornamental plantings for my household's safety.
Anyway, the touch of mulch I spread sure brightened up this small area!
What do you do every year to freshen your landscaping?

5 comments:

  1. We plant flowers in the containers in the front yard. We also trim up the front hedge. Is it too early to plant my potatoes? I live in zone five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does the NeoPlanet (the box with the earth spinning) have the blinking lights on it?
    Signed,
    At home they call me mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you can plant potatoes yet. I read somewhere to plant them five weeks before the last frost, and read somewhere else to plant after the last frost and mulch them to keep them from freezing. Do you need a lot of room to plant potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. planted two grape vines today. should have grapes in 2012...2013...like flowers...can't seem to get to them

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok... potatoes....
    They don't require much horizontal space, but, instead, need to be mounded. I'm not really sure what the frost issues are... IMHO I'd plant a few every week for a few weeks before and after the frost so the crop is staggered... plant enough extra so a few losses won't be a big issue and learn as I go.

    NeoPlanet shows where the viewers of my blog are on this planet. I think it's views in the last month.
    My grapes are doing ok... I wandered for a bit yesterday and they look good. Nice to just wander and check on my plants. This is the second year for these grapes, so we'll see if I get any fruit... hopefully they are happy where I planted them!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...