Thursday, June 16, 2016

1611 KJV Bible * Genesis 7:2

1611 KJV. Genesis 7
["2]Of euery cleane beast thou shalt take to thee by seuens, the male and his female: and of beastes that are not cleane, by two, the male and his female."

Why did I not see this before?? Let me pull out my KJV Companion Bible . . . okay, same passage . . I just never noticed before that this is not what is ordinarily taught. My Companion Bible says the sevens (7's) were to be clean animals, for offerings, and the twos (2's) were to be unclean, for reproducing. That makes sense as one would need enough clean animals to last until more were bred.
Very cool!
I learned something new again today . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...