Sunday, May 1, 2011

Homemade Toothpaste

In looking at all the information on fluoride poisoning a friend keeps sending me, I decided to make my own toothpaste. I found a recipe on the Internet and modified it to ingredients I had on hand.
Ingredients:
Ziyad orange blossom water
McCormick's pure orange extract
Znax snack topping
Baking soda
Okay, so the left bottle is chili and the right bottle is orange.
The recipe called for using coconut oil, but I couldn't find mine, so I used the orange blossom water.
Each bottle has orange blossom water and baking soda in it. One has orange extract and the other has Znax.
The toothpaste cleans my teeth very well, but has separated out in the bottles. It is impossible to get it to remix by shaking, so I am going to drain off the water and mix coconut oil in. Guess I'll stir it with a butter knife so I don't have to dump it out and try to put it back in.
I'll post later to let you all know how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...