Monday, June 13, 2011

Thinking About "10 Days No Spending"

I recently read a really good blog about not spending for ten days, http://whatifitistoday.blogspot.com/2011/06/10-days-no-spending-test-for.html#comment-form
as though you were going through a SHTF scenario. 
This is such a good idea! I'm going to do this for two reasons. First, to see how prepared we really are/ or aren't. Second, as a 'fun game' that allows us to live a post apocalyptic lifestyle in a way my son will see as fun. This will tie into our watching the movie "The Road' over and over to pick out all the mistakes made and decide what we need to do to improve our chances of survival. Sort of a 'Zombie Apocalypse' game if you are a ten-year-old boy!
I will let you know when we start and keep you updated on how it goes... obviously including photos so you can share the fun! 
Please, try it and let me know what your experience is with it!!!   

2 comments:

  1. Ok... I started t and realized I wasn't prepared enough to 'play this game'... SHTF~ I'm dead!
    Going to try again soon... think i'll talk to Matt about what we might need to change to prepare for a Zombie Apocolypse... he can wander the house with a note pad making a list of our deficiencies... then, in a week or so, when we've addressed our shortcomings, we can 'play'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder what he'd say if I threw in 'No Utilities' for a day also?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...