Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Taming the Weeds!

Good Morning!
Isn't it a blessed and beautiful day?!
Glad you stopped by so I can show you what I've been doing! Have a seat here in the hammock chair and we can chat a bit.
What do you think of my front 'yard'? When we bought our house this area was a flat wasteland of grass. It was a stark boring canvas ready to be painted (planted). Over the last three and a half years I have improved this painting bit by bit. This transformation has been an integral part in making my home a refuge for my family.
My latest endeavor has been to create more of a park-like feeling while eradicating weeds. To accomplish this I am laying down multiple layers of cardboard covered by old bed sheets and thick layers of mulch. Where I simply want walking paths, that is all I do. Where I want more edible landscaping, I toss in a variety of seeds.
I am modeling my homestead after the Dervae's on Little Homestead in the City blog. The differences would be that I live in a completely different climate and I am going for more aesthetic beauty so as to not upset county inspectors or my neighbors.
Still in all, it unbelievable calming and peaceful to hang out out here in the hammock chair knitting and watching the world hurry past while I sip iced coffee!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog. I know you've worked hard to create it. Just stopping by...be encouraged my sister in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...