Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Family Teamwork!

Good Morning! 
Happy Wednesday!
Happy June!
Such a beautiful day today! Good breeze, 77.0*F, sun shining... 
Come on around back..
I was going to mow, but Matt said he'd like to do it for me! Isn't it so nice when family pulls together to keep things running smoothly?! 
Yes, I know you're thinking, "How is that lawn going to look when he's finished?" Actually Matt does a pretty thorough job. 
But, it will sure look better than it did before it was cut! 
Now, if I lived in a fancy subdivision, his mowing expertise would make my neighbors twitch, but, then, my whole 'yard' would make them twitch! 
And he took over a chore that freed me up to start another load of laundry and pick up a little in the house! 
Just think how much goes into keeping a home running smoothly. How nice would it be if all family members pitched in and helped? 
My way of explaining this to Matt is, "I can't take you to______, if I have to do everything myself. If you step in and do your share, we can hike, ride bikes or go to the mall more often!" I don't expect him to do an adults' share. After all he is only ten years old and the Autism spectrum gives him the maturity of a three to four year old. But, I do expect him to do what I know he is capable of. It sure is nice to have him do his own laundry, mow the lawn, weed eat, feed and water the chickens or clean his room! 
Teamwork makes a family a family. It shows love and respect for the other team members. It pulls the team closer. 

2 comments:

  1. Wish my son would offer to mow the lawn!!

    Rourke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew is such a blessing on my life... neither of us are perfect... and we respect that...
    We simply try to love and respect eachother.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...