Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Home as an Oasis of Comfort

Good Morning! 
It's so nice to see you on such a beautiful day! 
I wanted to share my theories on the atmosphere of my home and it's impact on my family.
My home is just that~ a home. It is to be comforting and comfortable. A place where my family can retreat from the harshness of this world and find safety and security in a loving atmosphere. 
My home is a home. 
It would never fit into a fancy subdivision. 
The landscaping is never quite yuppie-perfect. There is always at least one area that needs weeding. I am doing edible landscaping almost everywhere along with jungle gardening, so most won't understand the feel of it all.
The feel of my lot? Well, I am on a little hill near the top, so I am going for a cross between a cabin feel and a tree house feel! When you pull into my little drive, it feels as though you've pulled into the woods. When you look out my south windows over the tree tops, it feels as though you are in a tree house atop a rain forest tree! 
When my family is home, I want them to be able to just relax and be themselves. No stress. No worries. 
How important is a perfectly decorated house if your family can't relax in it? Yes, things should be as neat and clean as possible. 
My family needs to feel like their loved there no matter what. Comfortable furniture. A tent out back set up all summer even though all the grass under it will be dead. A swing in the tree built by my son that is definitely not increasing the property value. Flowers and veggies growing everywhere. Chickens clucking and crowing out back while they fight over bugs. 
Oh,
And,
sometimes muddy footprints across my floors. 
Home is a place to feel safe and loved! 

1 comment:

  1. I've almost got it sorted and cleaned... but it's still comfortable... still a home.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...