Sunday, February 6, 2011

Scout Sunday?

Good afternoon all! 
I'm glad to see you today. 
Happy Scout Sunday to you!!!
How was your church service this morning? 
Yes, I'm sincerely hoping you attended your worship service this morning. 
Matt and I attended service at a local Baptist church. 
I was amazed the Matt was the only boy there in full class A uniform.
He was the only boy I saw in uniform at all. 
How sad that was.
How sad that there was no mention of scouting during service.
I would not want scouting to be more important than worshiping our Lord, but I would like to see scouting encouraged more in churches. 
So, as we drove home, Matt and I chatted about the similarities between the contents of his Bible, his Sunday school Bible study book and his Webelos scout book. 
The 12 points of the Boy Scout Law are:
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
Reverent
Maybe I'm a bit confused, but aren't these things we are teaching and encouraging in church?
How wonderful it would be if all the boys could have the scouting opportunity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...