Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peacefully Hanging Laundry in the Dark

As I stood out back peacefully hanging sheets on the clothesline and listening to the washing machine discharge water into my grey garden pond, I realized how truly lucky and blessed I am. 
My house is a small fixer-upper and I barely make bills, but I have an incredible peace of mind when I'm on my homestead. 
Just to know the chickens are all comfy in their coop, Matt is cozy in his bed, the fire is roaring and that the laundry water is watering our fruit trees is awesome. 
We are by no means self-sustaining at this point, but we are well on our way and, as long as we keep up the momentum and positive attitude, we will accomplish everything we need to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...