Sunday, April 20, 2014

Typical Day Off with a Twist


Hi! Welcome back to our humble homestead!!
Today is my day off~ my only day off as I work six (6) days a week. As per our usual, we did laundry first thing this morning and Matt hung it out for me. He's a blessing in so many ways!!
We've been to a friend's for an early dinner of ham and potato salad and cole slaw served with a nice long chat. That, my friends, was a very relaxing time for us and a much appreciated invitation. I'm hoping our friend realizes how much they are loved.
After stopping to fill up on gas (the Impala guzzled down $40.00 and is now full), we are home.
Another load of Matt's laundry is washing away while I wash dishes and Matt cleans out our car trunk.
Although a day of actual rest would be nice, I've been so exhausted each day after work that I fall straight into bed when I get home and we've gotten way behind on everything domestic.
Today we are putting a small dent into our untidiness and I am planning to slow down a bit so as to not run myself to death!

I'm actually thinking I need to pace myself more rather than trying to be everything to everyone. There really are limits as to how much one person can do each day without becoming ill from overwork.
I have crossed that line and, although I love to challenge myself to do more and better, can Not allow my health to be put at risj for such a silly thing as that.
Silly me~ I need to set realistic limits.
And I am from here on...

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...