Monday, December 31, 2012

Just Asked...


A friend pointed out this neatly cut firewood to me weeks ago. There it sat at a rental property next to their roll-out dumpster. Wow! What a find!!!
But I was skeptical... and chicken!
I drive past there almost every day and, for a while, no one was there. Finally, when a work van was there, I was too chicken to stop and ask! Yup! Very concerned about not having enough firewood for my household to make it through the winter storms, but still willing to allow fear/ shyness to prevent me from asking about wood that appeared to be forgotten.
Finally, today, as I swung around the block from dropping Matt at Boys and Girls Club, I saw a truck there and decided to suck-it-up and ask. The man rehabbing the rental unit was very kind and, although he spoke limited English, I was able to communicate my desire for that firewood and get permission to take it!

Matt has unloaded the first load!
Although this is not how I would have stacked the wood in preparation to carry it in, ot is so nice to have so much!

Unloading the Jeep requires some contemplation... either that or my renewed parental control has finally kicked in and he's contemplating the changes!


Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...