Thursday, March 8, 2012

Being Useful to God

Hi! Welcome back.
Let me share our Sunday school homework with you:
Finding our usefulness to God and ways we each, even the smallest child, can bless our own church.
First I had each student make a list of the top seven things they are really good at~ the very first that come to mind.
Then I asked each child to, over the next week, make a list of how they can use these gifts to serve God and bless our church.

Here is my list:
Things I'm good at:

1) love children
2) love to knit
3) love to organize events
4) gardening
5) baking
6) singing
7) encouraging others

Here are ways I could use these gifts:

1) teaching Sunday school
2) knitting hats to sell for fundraising
3) planning out fundraisers and youth activities
4) helping to maintain flower beds around church/ starting a community garden for church members
5) baking Swedish tea rings for Sunday school fundraiser
6) being in choir
7) being an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, a hug and a trusted sister

I can't wait to see the children's lists Sunday! 

1 comment:

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...