Monday, March 19, 2012

Be Grateful Challenge~ March 2012


March 2012
6th~ true friends; my pillow; the wind; my house; my job; Grant at 'H and R Block' in Sears in Joliet
7th~ my son's hugs; my daughter's smile; my customers; coffee; washing machine; 55F in the morning; Avon being delivered; bookkeeper at home office being consistently friendly; kind words from coworkers; God; my salvation; Lady Pat; an unexpected opportunity; Michael visiting our church for Bible study; Eme and Idara; a young lady being good at Bible study so she can join us in Sunday school; my church home and how welcome every visitor feels!
8th~ morning snuggles with Matt; silly waving; rain; a light breeze; text from a friend; coffee; 'left-over omelette's'; toothpaste; my clothesline not blowing away/ getting twisted in knots; Jinn being there to answer my Avon questions; an unexpected opportunity; Matt's friend from school being at McDonald's playland

9th~ a long chat with Jinn (love you); peaceful day; love of God; happy son; my freedom; being free through submission (or trying to); firewood; a reality check; a helpful state employee; Biblical truths I can stand on; Avon and the hope it brings; choir practice; Lady Pat's friendship; 2nd Ave Apostolic Church; my bed and pillow; Pooh to snuggle

10th~ a sunny morning; Matt's sillies; caramel frappe; refocusing on people/ things that really matter; hearing Matt read proverbs 10 and explain how it applies to his life, then watching his behavior change; a poke from a friend; my daughter being kind; the beginnings of a new plan; Matt cooking me Sloppy Joe's from scratch for lunch; a lot of spring cleaning getting done; finding the right program for our Sunday school kids to sponsor a child :)

11th~ supportive adults at church; Sunday school kids picking a child to sponsor and truly embracing what that means; a good long hug from Lady Pat; quiet afternoon at home; Matt chatting with Antone

12th~ peaceful day at work; true friends; Boy Scout meeting and maybe making friends there; early to bed

13th~ being able to call off work when I am sick; sleeping until 11:00am; Matt making me breakfast in bed; Matt and I snuggling and blowing our noses together all day; Matt being such a good boy; nice conversation with Nancy at Will County Code Enforcement~ she's so sweet :)

14th~ sunny morning; sparrow on the empty chicken run; daffodils blooming; 2 newspapers at the end of the drive; coffee; breakfast; Matt being so sweet; real friends; Dr. Carpenter at JFK; Livingsocial Deals; an apple in my fridge at work; cup of hot green tea with real honey; a church home where we are safe and loved unconditionally; Bible study @ church

15th~ scent of hot coffee brewing wafting down the hall; huge good morning hug from Matt; peace in my heart; a breeze through my office; bills paid; Avon orders coming in; a friend on the phone; a long chat with Mom; Matt being good

16th~ my little snuggle-bug; a quiet neighborhood; sound of a rooster from blocks away; a nice chat with a trusted friend; a surprise planned for Matt; the peace of knowing "This is not my home, not where I belong. Just windows and rooms I'm passing through. This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going. I'm not afraid because I know, this is just my temporary home!" eventually God will move me forward out of this; juice from Abid's store and his sincerity; choir practice; visions; sitting on my bed quietly knitting; bills paid

17th~ pop cans crushed and taken to Berlinsky's by Matt; rent books balancing; Matt's Bible study done; hot oatmeal a la Matt; peaceful office; Teri getting better; Avon order put in early~ then we added to it; visiting Teri at St Joe's Hospital; Irish festival in Plainfield (yummy dinner!); Matt liking the meal at the Irish fest ( Ooooo! I can cook that!); home; fresh sheets; captain attitude in bed in his own room; adding to my Avon order~ again; knowing there has to be some good coming out of this sore throat; new clothes and sheets for Matt; wearing my hair in a pony tail 'cuz I'm only as young as I feel; St Patrick's Day and being Irish

18th~ a sweet boy; coffee; making it to church in time for breakfast; Sunday school children (they make me grow!); innocent letters to Meuni; learning to love eachother and lift eachother up; church service; serving meals after church; hugs & kisses x 1000 (love church); dinner from church (yummy!); down time at home with my son; visiting a sister church to honor their founding Pastor and First Lady; singing with choir (and knowing all but one song); Sister Joanne and Brother Simon; a peaceful car ride with friends; knowing Matt and I are loved; a sweet boy who is so patient with this old Mommy; a dear friend from my past adding my on facebook; getting Avon fundraiser into computer; a peaceful neighborhood; my pillow

19th~ Matt's sleepy little boy voice; school clothes and work clothes laid out ahead; a simple bowl of grits witha bit of sugar; hot coffee; a minute to breathe; my parkway coming back to life and looking better than I could have dreamed; turnip greens ready to harvest; May Apples up looking magical in my rain garden; 104.7 WBGL; Lady Pat; getting youth group up and running soon;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...