Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Roles of the Sexes



Well, hello there! Welcome back to our humble homestead. So nice to see you again!
Would you look at these logs! These weren't stacked here a couple days ago. Nope. These logs were across the yard a ways scattered under the big tree.
What made me relocate the logs? Well, apparently there's an ordinance requiring wood to be stacked 12" above grade. And, as I am a single mom, I rose to the occasion, was the dad and moved the logs. Honestly, I did stand out there a few minutes 'pleading girl', but a man did not fall out of the sky and help me.
As I hauled the logs across the yard and plopped each one on the stack of pallets, I thought of how God designed the sexes for certain roles and of how me acting as the dad was going to cause me to be in pain the next day.
God knew what He was doing when He laid out our roles for us. Role reversal is wrong on so many levels.
I would count myself blessed to be able to go back to just being the mom, a female, again!

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...