Thursday, February 9, 2012

Prepared/ Stocked Up?



As I made breakfast this morning I realized we are almost finished with our last jar of home-canned currant-mulberry jam made from berries from our property!
How could I have allowed this to happen? Seriously?! With jam being ultra-simple to make and a huge mulberry tree out back and a strawberry patch?
Okay, so I totally messed up by only making one batch of jam and three batches of lame excuses! Now to fix it. As there is not any fresh fruit ripe and ready to harvest in Joliet, I'll have to buy it. I'll still have home-canned jams, but I will have no way to guaranteed the safety or quality of the produce I use.
As I consider the fruit I just bought, I am thinking pineapple-apple jam to start as Matt loves both. Jam is quick and easy to make, so I may do it Thursday, 2.9.12, after Cub Scouts.
I can already taste the Pineapple-Apple jam on our toast!

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...