Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FDIC? Seriously?!

I was sitting in the drive-though at my bank and, as a habitual reader, I was reading the 'interesting' sticker on the chute. When I finished laughing and told the teller, 'no, I really was okay and wasn't trying to get her attention', I took this photo of it.
"What,"you ask, "is so funny about this particular sticker?" let me ask you to read the whole sticker again slowly.
Yes, the money is insured by the 'credit of the United States government! If that does not scare you into banking your money in your back yard under the shed next to your dog's grave nothing will.
The country that is insuring the money we loan to the banks (so they can loan it to others) is the same country that is so far in debt it could easily be taken over by another country simply on the premise of collecting the debt owed!
Seriously folks!
When China or Russia demand repayment in 30 days or they will take possession of this country, the same as a bank repossesses a house when repayment of a loan stops, what are we going to do?
There will be nothing we can do.
They will have collected a debt.
We will be their possession.
Legally we will belong to them~ be subject to their laws.
And so, the sticker made me laugh... ... maybe so I wouldn't cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...