Monday, April 26, 2010

Day Old Chicks!

Well, Hello!
Today is a big day at Whispering Hills Homestead. Today the day old chicks we ordered from Murray McMurray's arrived! I picked them up from the post office this morning.
In all the confusion I forgot to buy a waterer for chicks and had to pick that up. Also, I did not realize they have to be kept at an even 95 degrees for a week. Well, I had left them locked in my pantry and allowed for plenty of ventilation!
So, tonight Matt and I made a run to Big R in Morris for antibiotics and a thermometer.
We've got a lightbulb over them for now, but the temp in the box is only 70 degrees! I've got a fire going in the stove. We mmay be overheated thos week, but we have to keep these babies alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...