Sunday, September 22, 2013

1000 Marbles?


Hi! Welcome back! Let me tell you about what I learned at a family event at church. This is so kool and totally eye opening!!!
Did you realize you have approximately 1000 weekends with your child from birth to when he/ she moves out? Honestly, that's just not many weekends to make memories and spend high quality time together doing something meaningful. Not much time at all. Sitting at church I calculated that I had 343.2 weekends left until Matt turns 19.2 years old (the average age children move out on their own)! Let me say that 343.2 weekends just aren't enough!! And, as I work Monday- Saturday mandatory, I have to make use of every available minute.

Well, after hearing all the information and ideas presented by Pastor Jeremy, I decided to buy 'marbles' and sort these inot 'jars' as each week goes by. I have put all the glass stones and rocks we bought into the orange candy jar. As each week passes as stone will be transferred to either the blue vase or the jelly jar. The vase is for well-used weeks and the jelly jar is for wasted weeks. So far the blue vase has two (2) stones and the jelly jar is empty!!!
It better stay that way!!!
I will post weekly on our progress. I look forward to watching the candy dish empty and the vase fill.

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...