Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Salsa Chicken



Hello!
Welcome back! Check out what I'm 'baking' for supper.
My 'new' cooking plan is to make dinner every night using only food on hand. Except for this last bag of frozen chicken, and a pack of chicken bologna, this means creative meatless meals.
Although this may sound tragic to most, this really is a sound experiment in surviving off what we have on hand. Sort of a "what if there were martial law in Joliet" exercise. (Except that I still buy milk as needed).
Matt has been really good about my experiment, willingly eating 'pantry surprise' night after night. I will say, though, the fact that my pantry has allowed me to include tuna and cheese in most dinners, so Matt has been appeased.
What would meals be like if real martial law happens and we are 'grounded' to our own yards? Well, squirrel is edible... Anyone got a wildlife cookbook they can mail me?!

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...