Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Having a Calling...

As I went through my day on Saturday, already anticipating changes God was making in me, I was met, once again, with someone 'suggesting' to me that my calling is not that at all. He 'suggested' that it is not my calling, but simply what I want and that, since it is not attainable under my own steam, I would be better off to pursue other things! Although there was no need to defend myself or my calling, I did share that my choice would be to own a campground, of sorts, do foster care and do permaculture freelance. I am basically a shy person and would by no means put myself out there in the calling He has given me without His divine power to sustain me.
Later someone else spoke with me about his views made me question where my focus was and if the man in my heart really was the right one for me, who He intends for me (as my calling is not attainable unless I marry). After burning a long letter I had written to him (to be given on our wedding night) and a long night of tossing and turning, I woke to remember God knows whats best for me. No one else does. No one else. I have to stick to His plan for my future. I Have To!
These encounters did, however, motivate me to do a long-overdue Bible study on 'calling'. I looked up all the verses under 'calling' in my Bible's index.
When I was finished the peace of the Lord had returned to my life.

Romans 11:29~ Once He calls you to His purpose, that's forever.
1 Corinthians 1:26~ Most who are called are the least in the eyes of the world.
1 Corinthians 7:20~ Each who are called have one calling~ forever (it doesn't change!).
Ephesians 4:1~ We should strive to be worthy of our calling.
Ephesians 4:4~ We should work together in the hope of our calling.
2 Timothy 1:9~ God calls us to what He needs us to do.
Hebrews 3:1~ We are to be faithful to our calling. 

I want what God wants for my life. No more, no less.
I will follow His calling on my life and trust in His ways.
Under His Wing is Safety and Peace.
That Divine Peace is all I need.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...