Monday, November 28, 2011

A New Bath Mat



Good Morning! Welcome back to my humble homestead. Looks like today is shaping up to be a red-letter day!
What do you think of the bath mat I'm knitting? Last winter a 'sweet' little country mouse decided to make a nest in my bath mats, chewing some up in the process. No amount of hot water and laundry soap can fix that! So... I'm knitting new bath mats.
This is the first of the new set. I'm knitting with a double strand so as to make each thicker and more absorbent... And cushier under our feet as we step out of the tub. I have chosen blue as the primary color for each room in my house. For the bathroom the accent colors are greens and sand, so the border for each bath mat will be crocheted on in Peaches & Cream brand cotton yarn in the color Blue Lagoon.
i got very lucky in that someone gave me a lot of the blue (a lot!) and I found the blue lagoon at the Walmart on Jefferson St in Joliet for around $2/ skein! So... My new set of bath mats will cost about $7.50!!!

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...