Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Start

Well, happy Sunday to all! I am home today with sick kids. Candi, Aiden & Matt all have the flu. So... I am using the time to update my blog layout and the associated ads, do massive amounts of laundry, keep the fire roaring all day, feed the kids sickie-friendly munchies and re-organize my priorities.
One of my priorities is to make my blog more of a realistic portrayal of my life. To reflect here, on a daily basis, what I am up to. That was the original purpose of the blog, but due to circumstances, I veered away.
Thankfully, I am back and looking forward to sharing my life with you. I will be as open and sincere as possible and hope to hear likewise from you.
And so... today my people are eating cheerios, bread, rice, apple sauce, tea and toast. Am hoping the flu will pass today so we can get on with life.
The fire is going well... as well as can be expected with freshly cut oak... not as warm as I'd like and much higher maintenance, but still burning... and we are thankful for the wood...
As much as I am opposed to bleach, I'll admit I added a cap full to the bowl of dish water and poured about 1/4 cup of the dish water-bleach mix into the coffee maker, filled rest with water and ran... need to run vinegar and about four pots of clean water through...
Laundry is another project... on my 4th load... a cap of bleach in the cleaning rags and wet sheets... the rest is run with only our faithful home made laundry soap... fresh, clean and non-irritating!
Now to fold a bit of laundry and balance my check book so I can pay my bills...
You may stay as long as you like... there's always a spot for a friend in front of the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...