Sunday, January 17, 2010

An All-Night Burn?

Hi! Welcome to our evening routine! Sit down and put up your feet.
We're home from work, so the first thing I do is start the fire back up. Once we have a good bed of coals, around eight or nine pm, I can add a big log.
This log barely fit through the door! It caught right away and burned steady until about 3:00 am!It was so nice to have the fire self-sufficient. I was able to spend a little extra time talking with Matt and got a couple extra hours of much-needed sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I could get this result every night. Sometimes the logs just don't want to burn like that! I can tell you that I sincerely appreciate the nights I get that extra rest, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been able to get the fire to burn all night some nights this winter... some nights it's downright chilly! Funny how I am having to relearn this skill this year... and annoying!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...