Thursday, March 12, 2009

Job-Hunting Protocol (Why Do I Bother ?)

As I was sitting at work contemplating my answering machine and returning phone calls of potential job applicants, I just wanted to pull my hair out!

1. When calling about a job, follow the directions on the answering machine carefully.
2. Do not have inappropriate music for your callers to listen to~ you won't get hired.
3. Make sure your message on your voice mail includes your name, so prospective employers know they've reached you.
4. Don't argue about the job requirements. It really isn't our fault that you are unable to get/ renew a drivers license or maintain a running vehicle.

Why would we hire anyone who doesn't know proper etiquette?

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, three years later I am still dealing with the same terrible etiquette. Add to that the fact that they bring people with them to fill out an application!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...