Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Dream/Plan

As I look at all the layers for the dress with petticoats and matching shoes and bonnet I cut out . . . then sitting surrounded by my beautiful stash of material . . . I think I may be sewing-drunk!!
My dream/plan is to have a business making and selling beautiful hand sewn designer baby clothes, as well as hand sewn toys, upcycled items and hand knit stocking caps designed by me. After winning a blue ribbon at the Will County Fair for the upcycled rag doll I entered (who would've thought I'd win my first time out??!!!), I have the courage and recognition of my talents to move forward.
As I sat, last night, surrounded by my stash of lovely colors and then taking the three hours needed to cut out all the pieces needed to sew a Shirley Temple style dress with matching bonnet and shoes from used men's dress shirts and women's Capri's, I thought of all the buildings I've looked at as a possibility for my own shop. I think my favorite was the of Universalist church building on Clinton St, in Joliet . . . I could easily envision a shop on the first floor and living quarters in the rest of the building. . . . And maybe chickens, gardens and a clothesline on the roof . . .
But . . . .
I also really want a small 5-10 acre hobby farm with chickens, ducks, goats, pigs and geese. As Joliet and, it seems to me, much/all of Will County seems to be for Agenda 21, I am feeling I should heed the suggestion of a city employee who suggested I move to Grundy County.
And so . . .?
I sew from our current homestead . . .
And work quietly on a plan to leave Will County, IL . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...