Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Compost Bin

Good afternoon! Glad to see you! Come around back and see our latest project.
What do you think of our compost bin? We thought it would be nice to have our compost contained this year and I heard about using pallets from a yahoo group I'm on and thought we'd try it.
We placed the compost bin in a far corner of the garden. Close enough to toss clippings and table scraps into, but far enough away as to not offend guests.
It's constructed primarily of wood pallets we'd been accumulting and wired together with fencing wire.
As soon as I harvest the onions and dwarf blue kale on the other side of the compost bin, I will build a second bin for next years' compost. That way I have one being emptied while the other is being filled.
Tell me about your compost bin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...