Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Matt's Stay at Silver Cross Hospital

Morning! So nice to see you. Guess you were wondering where I was this month~ I'm afraid I sort of disappeared and left all of you hanging. I do apologize.
Actually I had a family emergency with my son, Matthew. His appendix burst and he was hospitalized for six days!
Initially the visit went well. He had an excellent surgeon, Dr. Vera. A surgery that should have lasted 1- 1 1/2 hours took 3 because "it was the worst I've ever seen", as Dr. Vera put it!
Matt came through it well, but with a lot of pain and is almost fully recovered.
I do not want to discuss the care provided by the hospital.
We are very greatful to Dr. Vera for his expertise and caring!

2 comments:

  1. im so happy that matthew was able to get in to the hospitol when he did.... and that they were able to take all the infection out... he seems like hes doing great.. just have to take things slow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I'm Tracy Simons and I work at Silver Cross Hospital. While I was pleased to read that your son's surgery went well, I was a little concerned that you did "not want to discuss the care provided by the hospital". Can you let me know how your experience went?

    All of us here take great pride in our work and hope to make everyone's stay with us as positive as possible. In fact, you may have heard that just this past Monday, we were named a "Top 100 Hospital" in the nation by Thomson Reuters for the 6th year in a row. So if your experience was anything less than stellar, please let me know (tsimons@silvercross.org). I'd like to make sure every patient has the best experience possible.

    Thank you,
    Tracy Simons

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...