Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Poison Ivy Control

Good Morning! Such a beautiful day in Joliet, IL!
Come on around back~ I wanted to show you what I am doing about the poison ivy growing from my neighbor's yard onto my property. I have decided that I am fed up having my property involuntarily covered with noxious  plants! 
I unrolled black plastic along my steep little hill, then I weighted it down with rocks. I don't want it to blow away as the wind by the old Silver Cross Hospital can really be strong sometimes. 
I seem to have run out of plastic, and just at the edge of the poison ivy! And, as I realized I was out, I looked up and also realized I was standing in the middle of the poison ivy! So, a quick shower break was had to remove all the plant oil from my legs. Then back to the project at hand! 
I am so glad thatI do have some old tarps that I can fold the correct width and continue spreading the balance of the length of my lot line. Once the poison ivy has a nice 'comfy' plastic blanket, I will purchase hay and spread it to cover the plastic, giving a neat country appearance to my steep little hill. 
All in all a very satisfying project~ even with the bit of poison ivy I have acquired on my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...