Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Alley Rehab...

Good evening! Welcome! Grab an ice water and let's go talk about the mess the alley was and what I envision out there.
When we bought this property the alley portion of the lot was strewn with debris! Railroad ties, chunks of concrete, glass and poison ivy were everywhere.
Slowly, this year, I have pulled the concrete back from the fence, planted rugosa roses, moved the railroad tied to start a curb, mulched heavily and verbally threatened the poison ivy!
Next I need to level off a space just outside the railroad ties, but inside my blue string. In that spot I'll anchor the cinder blocks to create a solid curb.
When the alley turns to ice this winter, no one will slide into my fence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...