Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Starting Over w/ Bug-Out Bag

Yes, we've all heard the term 'bug-out', but are you prepared to do that? If you had to jump in your car and leave town in the next hour what would you take?
Yesterday I began the process of cleaning out and totally rethinking what I should have packed. My first consideration is for items which can be left in the trunk through all seasons.
So, I have three emergency blankets. I think I'll put these is a freezer bag to keep out dust and trunk odors.
Then there are the face masks, in case of airborn bioterrorism, debris, ect. These also will go in a freezer bag (and the missing one will have to be replaced).
Finally, I found one of our wind-up radios. In the event we bug-out and find ourselves with a dead car battery, or need to conserve the car battery, we will still be able to get AM, FM and Weatherband stations providing crucial information. This must be stored in a freezer bag to keep out moisture.
While I look for a water-tight container, double check what you have packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...