Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Friends~ 'Christian' vs All Those Who are Nice to You

I am well aware that the Bible says our closest friends should be fellow Christians. That we should have the majority of our fellowship/ social activities with Christians. 
I am, however, also aware that many who say they are Christians are wolves in sheep's clothing. 
It seems, all too often, that those who say the least about what a good Christian they are, are the ones who truly "walk the walk and talk the talk."
But I also know that we are to be a light to those still in darkness.
We are to show though our everyday lives who Jesus is. 
By spending time with someone who is unsaved or backsliding it is possible to open their eyes and have them see Jesus in us. 
I am fortunate as most of the people I talk to are Christians. 
I am fortunate as most of these people accept and love me for who I am.
Yes, there are still those who judge me.
There are a few who think they are better than me because:
1) they have a college degree
2) they have belonged to a specific church longer than myself
3) they are younger
4) they are thinner
5) their house is more expensive
But, my true friends just love me for me. They know who I am inside and that I'll be there for them when they need me.
They know I love hugs and steal hugs from them whenever I can. 
I think I'd rather have people around me who have a true Christian demeanor vs those who can recite all the reasons they are the holiest person in the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...